Monday, December 7, 2009

My Fashion Style

The article below was featured in TheCollegeEssential.com. It's under their MyStyle Section.

I have what some might consider a preppy/sophisticated look. As a petite guy (5'6"), I stay away from bright, loud colors and stick to the dark neutrals - brown, black, and navy blue. I also stay away from clothes with too much print or loud graphics on them.



For me, style is all about how you carry yourself, your clothes, and how everything goes together. One of the best style tips I've learned that really helped me is to find a FOCAL POINT in your outfit, whether it's your belt, scarf, or shoes.



Well-chosen accessories are vital to completing the look and are as important as my outfit for the day. A well-maintained leather bag gives a classy touch. Scarfs are also great and should be a staple in anybody's wardrobe. A great hat can also add flavour and personality to your look. I also love cardigans for its versatility. I can dress them down with a pair of jeans or wear them on a more formal occassion.



I see clothes as an investment. There is nothing wrong with spending a bit more on higher quality pieces that will last for a long time. Also, I'm open to having my suits tailored to my perfect size, whenever possible. There is nothing worse than wearing a suit that's a bit too small or a bit too large. It just looks bad.



Clothes are an extension of who we are. I'm happy to say I found my look that best suits my personality.

This is me. This is my style.

2 comments:

  1. I love how all your poses look so similar. Your clothes are pretty awesome. =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. Looking back, I think I should have done different poses.

    ReplyDelete