Saturday, March 20, 2010

J-Pop and Giant Robot!

On my trip to the bookstore downtown, I got myself a copy of GIANT ROBOT MAGAZINE - my favourite source of Asian pop culture. Great content - stylish, intelligent, and very very cool. Even though they only publish six issues a year it's well worth the wait. Next time you drop by your local magazine place, be sure to grab a copy.

Being someone who enjoys Asian pop culture, I think this would be a great chance to show it to you. I'll do it in pictures...

OMG Asian geek alert! (Good thing Marilyn's got my back.)
All I need now is a suitcase and the look is complete. ^_^

I love Japanese Pop Music. Been listening to it since I was a kid while watching old-school mech animes and several sentai series. I got the shirt made at a local custom shirt shop.

Here's the front (duh).

...and back.
That's Japanese singer UTADA HIKARU. The photo was taken from one of her album covers.

Now I can't wear the shirt without wearing the I HEART J-POP hat.
...and top it off with some custom Chuck Taylors, which I really need to wash soon. ^_^
(This post is dedicated to the great staff of GIANT ROBOT MAGAZINE.)

FROM ONE OF YOUR MANY LOYAL READERS HERE IN TORONTO...
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GR~!

To my readers and all lovers of Asian pop culture, Giant Robot needs a bit of financial assistance. Let's help them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment