In today's world of fast-paced lifestyles and busy schedules, we need to find time during our hectic lives to just stop, think, and collect ourselves. It is during these instances when we come up with extraordinary ideas and eureka moments that make our lives more fulfilling and satisfying.
Based on my personal experience, here is a short list of just some of those moments when it's the perfect time for us to think:
- In bed, right before you sleep. You know that moment when you've plopped in bed, tucked yourself in your sheets, snuggled your head on that pillow, and have your eyes closed? Yeah, that moment. This is the time when you look back at the day, recall what you've learned, what you've done, and what you've experienced. Use this moment to let all that culminate in your head. Your bed is one of those places where you're most comfortable and relaxed. This is why this is one the best times to come up with new ideas. If not THE best.
- In the bathroom, while you're "doing your business." Admit it or not, we do a lot of thinking while we're in there. Now I don't want to further gross you out by giving you a visual, but we're actually at our most comtemplative when we're in a situation where we're vulnerable. So don't just sit there. Contemplate.
- When you have your music on. Whether it's the lyrics or the melody of a song, music provides us with a way to express ourselves - we dance, sing along to it, or even both. Listening to music is a driving force for us to be imaginative. So be inspired while you're shaking that groove thing, baby!
- While you're cooking. This is another great chance for us to be creative and to be inspired. Some people actually find themselves in some sort of a zen place while they're cooking, especially those who truly enjoy putting together many ingredients to create a wonderful dish. So whether you're comfortable in the kitchen or a complete novice, here's something for you to think about: Cooking not only feeds the stomach, it also satisfies the mind.
- While you're eating. This is partly related to the one above. This is the chance to re-nourish your body, refueling your body and mind with nutrients. Eating also puts you in a state of reflection, particularly if you're eating your favourite dessert. I don't know about you, but when I eat something sweet it makes me feel all good inside. And feeling good makes you want to do some really great things. Thank goodness for sugar.
STOP AND THINK: We all know how busy and fast-paced life is nowadays and it may seem like we no longer have time to just step back and take a breather. But we sometimes don't realize that there are actually moments during our hectic schedule that are perfect for coming up with ideas and inspired thoughts. Better yet, we must learn to actually MAKE TIME during day for us to just collect ourselves and use it to our advantage and benefit.
What about you? When do you feel most inspired? Share your list.