Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What I've Learned...

JOHNNY BAUTISTA
normal person, 27, Toronto


Inspired by a section from Esquire Magazine.

Some people are good at dancing, sports, even cooking. I think I'm good at comedy. I love making people laugh. It's like a drug to me. A good drug.

Since I can remember, I've always been trying to make people laugh, starting with my brothers and my parents. The late comedian George Carlin once said that being a natural comedian is something that can't be taught. It's already engrained within the personality of the person when they come into the world. Comedy is a way of seeing the world a little differently.

You don't ever fall out of love with a person when a relationship ends. I've been lucky enough to have fallen in love a couple of times in my young life and have been a part of several relationships. Each of these relationships have taught many important lessons - about myself, life, and how being held by another person is probably the best feeling any man can ever experience.

These amazing women have taken a tiny part of their lives and shared them with me and that's something I will always cherish. Although these relationships didn't work out in the end, I still have enormous respect and adoration for each and every one of them. I still care about them. A part of who I am today is because of them.

So if any one of you is reading this - THANK YOU.

It took me years, but I finally found my own personal style. I'm so glad to live in a time when a straight man talking about dressing well isn't uncommon anymore. I get style tips from places like Esquire, Askmen.com, and lately my favourite photoblog The Sartorialist.

I realize I have more female friends than guy friends. I find that very intreresting.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I still look very young for a soon-to-be 27-year old. I keep telling people it's both a curse and an advantage. But I think also being a shorter man I find looking young at 27 can be a disadvantage and a frustration. Deep down, I wish I was just a little taller and have more facial hair.

There is an introverted John many people don't know about. Even though I make faces a lot, or prance around like an idiot on BlogTV, YouTube, and take immature photos on my Facebook page, I do have days when I shut off from being a clown.

There are moments in life when it's not fun at all. For example: A few years ago, my uncle died from a heart attack; then his daugther (my cousin) and my auntie's sister died in a house fire just 2 weeks later. That was a very sad day for everyone. I still miss them.

The confidence a person has when telling a joke, and telling it well, is something I find very appealing.

I find a woman with a great sense of humour very attractive. The joke becomes ten times better.

Sometimes you just have to smile and move along with your day.

I think Snoop Dogg said it best: "Love can be unappreciated sometimes, but you still just have to keep on giving it."

One of life's simplest pleasures is being alone in your room, play that one song you love, and just sing along with it without a care in the world.

Money IS everything nowadays. It pays bills, puts food on the table, you need it to pay your student loans, mortgage, rent, and on and on and on. I hate it when people say it isn't everything. Deep down, I bet you they wished they had more of it.

I haven't made out with a girl in a really long time. That's just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment