Monday, May 17, 2010

Charice, Imelda Marcos, and Johnny's Pilipinas Shirt


So I dropped by the bookstore (again) yesterday and saw this at the Music Section:


I think it's safe to say that pretty much every Filipino knows who Charice is, so for my non-Filipino readers here's her Wikipedia page.


The video below is the first single from the album. It's actually pretty good. Add this song to your playlist.






Ok, now here's something that made me go WTF...



That's former Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos. Filipinos know her as the wife of dictator and former president Ferdinand Marcos, while the rest of the world know her best because of her vast shoe collection.

At first I thought that the cover was like an inside joke or something because, let's face it, you didn't really expect to see the names "Fatboy Slim" and "Imelda Marcos" together. But apparently this is actually a sort of "tribute album" to Imelda Marcos and her childhood servant. I guess you really can't judge a CD by its cover. You can find more details about the CD and listen to its tracklist by clicking this link.

And since this entry already has a Philippine theme to it, I want to show you my brand new shirt I got from the mail. Ever since I saw it online I've always wanted one for myself. Now I have one. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment