Thursday, April 28, 2011

Friendster Memories: A Nostalgic Look Back



With Friendster doing a massive overhaul of its site soon, I'm in the process of saving and collecting photos, blog posts, messages, and other info from my old account. I will be exporting entries from my old blog to this one in the coming days.

As part of the exporting process, I'm taking a nostalgic look back at my online life at Friendster...



(1)Featured Blogger: For two consecutive years, Friendster selected my now-inactive Japanese pop culture-themed blog as one of the site's "Featured Blogs." Being a "featured blogger" gave me great exposure to the site's 40M+ members by having a link to my site available on Friendster's homepage.



(2) Awesome Blog Visitors: I asked readers to send photos of themselves with my blog on their computer screens. They also sent me some awesome fan art:


(3) Shameless Fan Profile Page Plug: Friendster made my account into a "Fan Profile" account because of me being a feautred blogger and all. So I made this. Seemed like a good idea at the time.


I looked liked such an idiot. (_**)>


More Friendster memories to come so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment